The promise of paraben and sulfate products is appealing to most, but do you know why they are so important? Sulphates are simply toxic and can seep beyond the skin’s surface, which can cause health concerns. .It is advised to choose paraben and sulfate-free products if you deal with sensitive or acne-prone skin, and even dandruff. We have listed below the reasons you should consider swapping your products if you want to reduce the number of chemicals in your beauty products To get you familiar, sulphates are chemical ingredients that have been used in personal care products for donkey’s years. They do a great job in cleansing your body, but certainly do more harm than good.
- Cause early signs of ageing: Many experts & dermatologists believe that these cheap chemicals and preservatives are a cause for premature ageing. Considering methylparaben - It is a type of paraben that is responsible for collagen degradation and can cause cell depletion so choose only paraben and sulfate-free product
- Cause skin irritation:- Both paraben and sulfate-free products are known to strip the skin and scalp of moisture and natural oils, which can lead to dryness, inflammation, redness, and sensitivity.These chemical agents are known to clog pores, cause acne and also accumulate on your skin over a period of time
- Chemicals & preservatives: Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and sodium laureth sulfate (SLES) are surfactants and cleansing agents packed with foaming properties. They are most commonly found in shampoos and body washes, and are responsible for stripping the scalp of moisture and natural oils. If methylbutyl , ethyl and propyl parabens appear on your product’s ingredient list, then it is surely packed with preservatives. These chemicals are used to prevent bacteria growth and increase a product’s shelf-life.
- Threat to world around us: By using sulphate products we are not only responsible for our health but also acting responsible towards the environment. Petroleum and palm oil being the major sources which are both toxic to aquatic organisms and affect many aquatic ecosystems. These chemicals and their byproducts make their way into the bodies of marine species and can be life-threatening. Personal care products with sulphates are also tested on animals, to measure their extent of irritation on human skin, eyes and lungs
- Hormonal imbalance: There is evidence that these chemicals mess with hormone levels. some studies showed decrease in menstrual cycle length in women with increased levels of parabens in their urine. Another study in the Environmental Health Perspectives states that parabens act like estrogen in the body—and increased estrogen can cause both normal and cancerous breast cells to grow and divide. WELL!!!These reasons are primarily why RIYOHERBS-is completely sulphate-free and one should switch to sulphate-free products you owe it to your skin and the world around you.The best way to make an informed decision while choosing paraben and sulfate-free products is to read and focus on the ingredient list, and buy products that are kind to you and nature. Try going sulphate-free and paraben-free for a week to understand if it creates a difference for you.